Sales Representative / Event Planner
We are looking for an energetic motivated, exciting new sales person for a entry level sales position. We provide entertainment services like music entertainment, inflatables, mechanical bulls, mobile ziplines etc, to colleges, schools, churches, corporations, private parties, and much more. This position requires the sales person to work with clients on planning and reserving our items for their events. This is very similar to an event planner.
You must complete our mini application in order to be considered for this position. You may need to cut and paste this address in your browser: http://www.phantomentertainment.com/salesrep.html
Duties would include:
- Work with data bases -Email customers -Develop new business and maintain relationships with current customers -Call existing and potential new customers -Send mailings (post cards, magazines, letters, etc)
-Work with customers on new events and existing events -Prepare event paperwork for staff
-Make all pre-event preparations
-Learn and become knowledgeable on our products and services (and new products as they arrive)
- Prospect for new clients including cold calling and researching new business opportunities
- Prepare quotes and contracts - Maintain daily calendar to ensure you are completing minimum required sales calls
- Monitor account payments to ensure customer payments are current and on time
- Possible attendance at college conferences and Tradeshows
- 5 Years experience working
- Attention to detail for filling out proper paperwork
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work schedule - Self Motivated and work well unsupervised - Minimum High School Diploma but college degree preferred
- Proofreading and spelling skills
- Basic math skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word. Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Pass Child Abuse clearance and criminal history check
-Non-smoker preferred (we are a smoke free property)
- Must have a valid driver's license and your own transportation to and from our office. (We don't consider your mother dropping you off to be your own transportation)
Working hours: Monday - Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM . There may be days that a little more time is needed at the end of the day to complete tasks for the next days events. Obviously you would be paid for that as well.
Additional hours : On some occasions it would be preferable for the sales rep to go out to work events as well. Not only does this help with our staffing events, it also helps the sales rep get a better understanding of how things work at events. This will help a sales rep to better plan and price events for the future. In addition to the 9 to 5 and the occasional out in the field, we attend about 4 or 5 trade shows throughout the year (mostly later fall and later winter) where we have a booth in an exhibit hall. These shows are usually always Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. Hotel rooms are provided by the company. Attendance at some of these shows would be required. If you are unable to go away on business for a weekend or possibly occasionally work in the field on a Saturday, this position would not be for you.
Benefits include vacation pay, holiday pay, retirement plan, and health care plans. Hourly salary paid weekly with the possibility of bonuses. Salary would be based on potential level of existing experience. Our office is located on the west side of Carlisle, PA about 5 miles out of town.
You would need to have good overall computer skills and writing skills including use of Microsoft Office Outlook (email), Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access. It would certainly be a plus if you had any experience with Adobe photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and any graphic programs.
If you are interested in this position, please send us an email with some information about yourself and why you think you might be good for a position like this. It would be helpful to know if you've had any experience in sales or event planner and also your salary expectations. Our office is very casual, easy going, and certainly not fancy. We've got 2 cats that roam our office and a dog that visits every so often.
Once we receive both the Indeed submission and the completed mini-application, we will contact you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable but would be considered entry level
Give us a call or an email for more information.
We'll bring the amusement park to you.